This year I was the team leader for CHBC's 5th and 6th grade class at VBS. I had four other teachers to help me. I had to teach the lesson on two of the nights. Let's just say that I don't feel like I am a good teacher regardless of what my spiritual gifts test says. I did enjoy doing the reasearch and putting together the lesson. It really made me use the stuff that I have learned in the recent months and put it together to show that the Bible is God's Word. The lesson that I gave on Tuesday night was about the crucifixion. I found out that the when Jesus said, "My God, My God why have you forsaken me?" He was actually quoting Psalm 22:1. In that particular Psalm there are several references to how he would die. People in the His day would have recognized the scripture that He was quoting. It is neat how He pointed us to this Psalm from the cross to show that it had all been predicted and that it was coming true.
No comments:
Post a Comment