As I was walking the beach I began to think of how brief life is. That one day we are walking along and then then next we are gone. We are like footprints in the sand. We make a brief impression on our world and then we are gone. Within a few years traces of our life has faded. A few more, and all remembrance of our life is gone. Just like the footprints in the sand. The first wave fades the prints, the second completely removes them. Watching the waves dance in and out sweeping the beach clean of footprints, reminded me how fragile and precious life is. I realized that I want to spend more time in the moment and do things instead of waiting for another day. I am going to try to do things just because instead of waiting for a special occasion. I really enjoyed this vacation and the time that I got to spend with the kids.
McKenzie's Footprints
McKaleb's Footprints
Looking for the perfect shell
Outside the Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach
On the third evening, we ate at the Sea Captains House. It was a different experience. We waited for about 45 minutes, but the kids were entertained by the chess set and the beautiful lawn that overlooks the beach. McKenzie thought that the waiter, whose name was Nick, might have been Nick Jonas in costume. He did have slightly curly hair, but.... When Nanny asked him if he was Nick Jonas, he replied that he wasn't. He had heard of the Jonas Brothers, but other than that had no idea who they were. He was a little old to be a part of the Disney crowd.
McKenzie had a ball pretending to be organizing her own Camp Rock experience. She registered all her campers and sent them to their cabins to get ready to practice for Final Jam. She is a great little organizer.
Kaleb was content to play ball and jump off of the beds while she was trying to keep her campers in line. He is working hard on potty training too! Hopefully we will be dry during the day by his birthday!! He wants to be a big boy so badly!

No comments:
Post a Comment